Saturday 22 December 2012

Christmas Cheer


Well I must admit, my Christmas has already started and I am well through my first tin of chocolates! It may be a few days early but all the shopping's done, the presents are wrapped and there really isn't anything else left to do.  I know at some point between Christmas and New Year that I will dread the sound, not to mention the smell, of another chocolate tin being rattled under my nose, but for now I cannot resist having chocolate in the house and not eating it. 

This year I'm off to see family so decided not to put up a Christmas tree.  Having a tree is one of my favourite bits, although decorating is not one of my strong points, with me usually ending up with a bit of a haphazard of tinsel, lights and baubles.  Fortunately my family are much better at this bit than me and will have a lovely tree ready and waiting - not so with the dinner as I am expected to cook that, so at least it will be edible!

For now though, I am enjoying a last evening of peace and quiet before hitting the mainland (weather and ferries willing).  A large G & T, some more chocolates and a roaring fire.


 So here's wishing you all a merry Christmas and a wonderful 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment