Wednesday 23 April 2014

Tarsuinn - twice (A to Z challenge)

I ask no forgiveness for yet again reverting to the mountains for my inspiration, and use this opportunity to mention my favourite walk on Arran.  Despite being a very popular little island I am amazed that even in the height of the season I can do this walk and often not cross paths with anyone beyond the main Glen Rosa track. The three beinns takes in Beinn Nuis, Beinn Tarsuinn and Beinn a Chliabhain, a stunning route along ridges, at the side of waterfalls and with a small river crossing (that can prove difficult in winter if the waters high).  
The Old Man of Tarsuinn - on a clear day!
Next to the path is the famous (and well photographed) Old Man of Tarsuinn a naturally occurring sculpture in the many contours of the rock face.

Like all mountain routes, care must be taken especially in poor visibility or weather as navigation can be tricky - not to mention the possible confusion when you find out there are actually 2 Beinn Tarsuinn's on Arran, the second on is further to the west and not quite as high!
With my two favourite walking companions

2 comments:

  1. Wow! How beautiful and I especially love your two companions. Thank you for sharing.

    Martha
    I am your newest follower!
    2 Smart Wenches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Never apologize for returning to the mountains. The romantics understood their power to rejuvenate the soul Love the pics. via A to Z Challenge www.evolvingenglishteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete